[Oisf-devel] Mem leaks

Martin Holste mcholste at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 13:25:52 UTC 2011

> Coming to the memory usage, ac changes might be the reason behind the
> mem increase(not a leak).  I have changed all u16 buffers to u32 and
> so on.  The usage increase might look bigger when ac-full is used,
> although with ac-single it should be pretty okay.  Btw you should see
> much better perf(around 15%-20%).  How big's your ruleset btw?

That would explain it--that's a lot of additional memory.  Running
with ac-full is such a performance improvement that we can't live
without it (good thing we've got a lot of ram).  The ruleset is about
7k rules.  Which commit should I see 15-20% improvement with?

I've now been seeing a very strange phenomenon in which low traffic
periods actually lead to missed heartbeats.  Very bizarre!  The sensor
performs well during peak load (around 700 Mb/sec), but when the load
drops at night to more like 250 Mb/sec, it starts missing a lot of
alerts.  I've never seen anything like it, but it's been going on for
a few nights now.  This is with commit 58d7cb.