[Oisf-devel] http.log file rollover

Brant Wells bwells at tfc.edu
Mon Sep 5 14:04:34 UTC 2011

Hi All,

Just a slight problem that I have noticed that when I logrotate the http.log
file for Suricata, when the system creates the new file, Suricata no longer
writes to the new, empty http.log file until I restart it.

After forcing a logrotate, Suricata (or logrotate) didn't even create the
empty http.log file.  Suricata continue to run normally, just without
updating that log file.

Not sure if this is a bug or what-not, but figured I should pass it along
anyhow.

Running from git: Suricata 1.1beta2 (rev 8855990) ...

On another unrelated topic...  I have compiled with --enable-debug ...

If suricata crashes or what-not, where can I find the core dump?

Thanks!
~Brant