[Oisf-devel] suricata fail to produce http log after copy to another host

Delta Yeh delta.yeh at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 14:06:41 UTC 2011

I test pcap live mode with cmd " ./suricata -c
/etc/suricata/suricata.yaml -i eth0 "

 I use apache ab  in the same box(in both squeeze boxes) with suricata
to test http log.

I run tcpdump  on the same interface, and there is http traffic.
I also use wget to confirm that the http request is successful.

According to the suricata stats.log , it did handle some tcp traffic, but
there is no http log.

I set debug level to info and enable console output, there is no
error/warning outputs.

BTW, there is no IDS rule loaded for all the tests, so only test http
log feature.

In the debian squeeze box A where suricata is compiled from source,
everything is OK,
but no http log in  debian squeeze box B.
I copied some necessary library from A to B to make suricata run
sucessfully in B.