[Oisf-devel] tcp.ssn_memcap_drop

Eric Leblond eric at regit.org
Wed Sep 21 21:05:50 UTC 2011

Hello,

Le mercredi 21 septembre 2011 à 15:36 -0500, Martin Holste a écrit :
> Will do.
>
> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 3:34 PM, Victor Julien <victor at inliniac.net> wrote:
> > On 09/21/2011 10:23 PM, Martin Holste wrote:
> >> I've only started running suri again in the last few days, so this
> >> would be on very recent versions.  Also, I've applied Anoop's checkout
> >> of cc4e89fbe1477d47e50fd720127e7c28d0d512ba.
> >
> > Okay that rules out the recent flow changes.
> >
> > Can you try 5c8feb385142a8be5dcc85d96d17f6b2bc181c44 ? That should rule
> > out recent packet acquisitions changes.

It may be interesting to use 'git bisect' in this case. The purpose of
git bisect is to find which revision is responsible of a problem.

The usage is quiet simple. From the source directory, do:
	git bisect start
The current/latest release is bad then:
	git bisect bad
Then checkout to a version you are know to work:
	git checkout 11323ade222
Build, install and run test on suricata to check this is really the case
and then:
	git bisect good
Then it will do a dichotomia to help you find the bad commit, a new
branch will be checkout and you will be able to run the test on it. If
it is good do 'git bisect good' and do 'git bisect bad' if it is not the
case.
Once finished, it will display the responsible patch. You will then be
able to do 'git bisect reset' to get back to your current git state.

BR,
--
Eric