[Oisf-devel] CPU affinity in PF_RING

Martin Holste mcholste at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 15:28:25 UTC 2012

I've been pondering this for awhile, and isn't it just inherent in the
cluster_flow hashing idea that one thread is always at risk of getting
overloaded because it's a mathematical decision which does not regard
current load per-thread?  The thread which gets Akamai, Microsoft, or
Google, etc. has a high risk of getting overloaded, and it's a static
calculation that assigns that, right?

Follow-up: is autofp improving the situation by taking into account
the current load?  My system with autofp seems to have high and low
threads, so I think it is suffering from the same static assignment
problem.