[Oisf-devel] RE : Re: Directory Traversal not fire when are encoded ?

Anoop Saldanha anoopsaldanha at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 16:30:43 UTC 2012

Seeing 2 bugs basically,

1. %2f isn't decoded.  We would have to test other characters to see
if we have the same problem.

2. If you have a double encoded path and it manages to double decode
the path correctly, the path normalization on the double decoded path
doesn't happen.

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 12:18 AM, rmkml at yahoo.fr <rmkml at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> thx Anoop,
> How Suricata handle http dir traversal encoded or not ?

If unencoded, single encoded - path normalization is okay.  Problem
with double encoded paths.

--
Anoop Saldanha