[Oisf-devel] RFC: generic storage API, with host and flow implementations

Victor Julien victor at inliniac.net
Tue Apr 9 09:18:42 UTC 2013

Eric and I have been working on a generic storage API. It's current
iteration can be found at:
https://github.com/inliniac/suricata/tree/dev-storage-api-v1.1

I think it's shaping up nicely. However, in general I still wonder if we
should change the logic of the "Init" function ptr. Right now it behaves
like "Alloc".

If we leave the alloc to the lower level implementation, we could
prealloc memory there. Currently we just alloc an array of ptrs, but we
could also choose to do alloc the actual memory needs.

Need a decision before we integrate it.