[Oisf-devel] Getting connection refused when trying to clone the git repository

Vincent Fang vincent.y.fang at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 19:21:16 UTC 2013

I'm reading the instructions on
https://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/wiki/Contributing_to_Suricata

on how to do a clone and I'm getting the following error

fatal: unable to connect to phalanx.openinfosecfoundation.org:
phalanx.openinfosecfoundation.org[0: 67.19.104.50]: errno=Connection refused

Is there some additional registration I have to do before I can do a clone?

I have a username and a e-mail setup in my .gitconfig file but the
instructions don't mention anything else I must do.