[Oisf-devel] libhtp upgrade

Victor Julien victor at inliniac.net
Thu Jul 4 11:49:23 UTC 2013

Anoop's work to upgrade our libhtp support to 0.5.x is pretty much done
and ready to be merged.

I think this is a good moment to reconsider how we distribute libhtp.
Currently we have it merged in our git repo. This is convenient for the
users, as they always have the correct libhtp.

However, it's a major hassle for us devs, as we need to keep it in sync
with the official libhtp. So I would like to remove libhtp from our git
repo.

I think it is still a good idea to bundle libhtp in our tarball though,
that way users will still be able to have the hassle free experience.

Any thoughts about this? I was thinking to just script up the tarball
creation to include a checkout of libhtp. Not sure how easy it will be
to make our autotools play well with this though.