[Oisf-devel] Can we install suricata on Red Hat?

Duarte Silva duarte.silva at serializing.me
Thu May 2 04:54:53 EDT 2013

On Thursday 02 May 2013 14:01:29 Robert Clove wrote:
> Hi Duarte,
> Source mean suricata source can you please guide me some steps for

Source means, building Suricata from it's source. There are the guides on the
Suricata wiki that deal with that.

> epel-release-5-3.noarch.rpm

In RedHat it's a pretty bad idea to add the EPEL repository, I would advise
against that. Are you sure you can't register the machine in the RHN?
Otherwise you will have to download everything manually which is a pain.

The machines I'm using are RHN registered, I only had to download some
dependencies that weren't available manually, follows the list (some
dependencies that are on this list have been downloaded because I was also
installing Barnyard and at the time I was using PF_RING):

 - Installed from RedHat Network

# yum install kernel-devel flex bison gcc gcc-c++ make subversion wget pcre-
devel pcre file-devel file zlib-devel zlib nspr-devel nspr nss-devel nss man git
libtool mysql mysql-devel

 - Downloaded manually from other repositories (note that these are from el6,
you have to download the corresponding to el5)

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/os/x86_64/Packages/libcap-ng-0.6.4-3.el6_0.1.x86_64.rpm
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/os/x86_64/Packages/libcap-ng-devel-0.6.4-3.el6_0.1.x86_64.rpm
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/os/x86_64/Packages/pkgconfig-0.23-9.1.el6.x86_64.rpm
http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el6/en/x86_64/rpmforge/RPMS/libyaml-0.1.4-1.el6.rf.x86_64.rpm