[Oisf-devel] Learning and Debugging Code

Victor Julien victor at inliniac.net
Mon May 6 11:13:21 UTC 2013

On 05/06/2013 12:11 PM, Robert Clove wrote:
> I want to learn how suricata works and debug your code too
> Can you please tell me whats the best way to learn and debug suricata?

Your questions are quite generic. For learning how Suricata works you
should run it.

To debug, you can use things like debuggers (gdb, valgrind), profiling
tools (callgind, cachegrind, etc), built-in profiling
(--enable-profiling), built-in debugging (--enable-debug), doxygen
(https://doxygen.openinfosecfoundation.org/)

Just reading the code is obviously also a good idea.