[Oisf-devel] libhtp 0.5.5 test suite fails on some architectures

Pierre Chifflier pollux at debian.org
Tue Oct 8 11:55:22 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 07, 2013 at 06:39:32PM +0100, Ivan Ristić wrote:
> On 07/10/2013 17:24, Victor Julien wrote:
> > On 10/07/2013 05:35 PM, Pierre Chifflier wrote:
> >> I am slowly catching up after vacation, so I have updated versions of
> >> suricata in unstable, and prepared the 2.0-beta1 in experimental.
> >>
> >> The build daemons seems to have caught something, since the test suite
> >> fails on several tests on some architectures:
> >> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=libhtp&suite=experimental
> >>
> >> https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=libhtp&arch=powerpc&ver=0.5.5-1&stamp=1377013001
> >> https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=libhtp&arch=s390&ver=0.5.5-1&stamp=1377013856
> >> https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=libhtp&arch=armel&ver=0.5.5-1&stamp=1377019860
> >>
> >> For example:
> >> [  FAILED  ] 6 tests, listed below:
> >> [  FAILED  ] HybridParsing.CompressedResponse
> >> [  FAILED  ] HybridParsing.CompressedResponseNoDecompression
> >> [  FAILED  ] HybridParsing.ForcedDecompression
> >> [  FAILED  ] HybridParsing.DisableDecompression
> >> [  FAILED  ] Base64.Single
> >> [  FAILED  ] Base64.Decode
> >
> > Ivan has released 0.5.7, so it may be worth looking at that instead.
>
> I don't think that anything I did in 0.5.7 is going to make a
> difference. I was not aware of those tests failing.
>
> Do you know if there are some VM images I could use to deploy on those
> architectures?

Hi Ivan and Victor,

Looking at the changelog it seems that 0.5.7 will not change anything, I
will try later though.
I'm afraid there is no VM available. Debian developers have access to
some porter boxes, so I will try to build the package directly on one of
the failing architectures to see if I can get some more details.

Note that the build logs give some more details on the tests output, for
ex in
https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=libhtp&arch=armhf&ver=0.5.5-1&stamp=1378587543

[ RUN      ] Base64.Single
test_utils.cpp:59: Failure
Value of: htp_base64_decode_single(',')
  Actual: 255
Expected: -1
[  FAILED  ] Base64.Single (1 ms)
[ RUN      ] Base64.Decode
test_utils.cpp:69: Failure
Value of: bstr_cmp_c(out, "this is a test..")
  Actual: 1
Expected: 0
[  FAILED  ] Base64.Decode (0 ms)

and

[ RUN      ] HybridParsing.CompressedResponse
test_hybrid.cpp:512: Failure
Value of: tx->response_message_len
  Actual: 189
Expected: 187