[Oisf-devel] Understanding Suricata

Victor Julien victor at inliniac.net
Tue Oct 15 10:23:08 UTC 2013

On 10/15/2013 12:13 PM, Anil Joshi wrote:
> Thanks for the reply sir.
> As you given the packet flow so firstly I would like to go through the
> receive part so if i give suricata the pcap now how can i see the packet
> capture part of suricata and i mean how i debug it?

Please take into account a number of guidelines when using these
mailinglists:

1. don't cross post on multiple mailing lists
2. don't top-post
3. don't use html posts

Wrt your question. Fire up Suricata in gdb and step through it. It may
be good to set a break point on PcapFileCallbackLoop, as this is where a
packet starts.

Regards,
Victor