[Oisf-devel] Segmentation fault on the latest Suricata beta

Victor Julien victor at inliniac.net
Fri Feb 7 17:23:55 UTC 2014

On 02/07/2014 05:56 PM, Duarte Silva wrote:
> Hi Victor,
>
> I have come to a conclusion about this. The fact that Suricata is compiled
> with stack protection and position independent code, doesn't seem to have
> anything to do with the issue in hand.
>
> Actually, that specific segmentation fault did not happened again (another one
> did, I didn't compare back traces correctly :/).
>
> Anyway, the new segmentation fault still happens on master, at least, up to
> commit 3967bd5517e7ab57fd82d7ce9b70dac16057b8f7. Issue opened at [1].

This is very interesting. It looks like 2 packet processing threads have
the same flow. This is not supposed to happen.

You are using workers, correct?

In gdb, can you do:

thread 4
frame 4
print *p
print *p->flow

and

thread 5
frame 5
print *p
print *p->flow

This will print the contents of both packets in T4 and T5, which ref the
same flow.