[Oisf-devel] Log output - syslog

Victor Julien victor at inliniac.net
Thu Feb 13 17:55:08 UTC 2014

On 02/12/2014 09:47 PM, Gofran, Paul wrote:
> Can the log files (specifically HTTP log) natively log to the syslog
> facility?

No.

> I wanted to follow up to see if this is something that is desired or
> would be a priority?   Is this something that the project would prefer
> to accept as a patch if contributed?  Or are there reasons why this
> hasn’t been included?

I think it wouldn't be hard to add, but I don't think it's a big
priority for us. That said, there are some people that ask for it, so
I'd be happy to take a patch.

> I found the following forum where this was brought up awhile ago, did
> anything ever come of it?
>
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.security.ids.oisf.user/1358

I don't think so. In irc we recently discussed the topic of log file
rotation. I think Jason Ish might be working on something there.