[Oisf-devel] Possible Feature Request

Gofran, Paul paul.gofran at lmco.com
Thu May 8 21:06:41 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I wanted to know if I should submit a feature request to allow LUA scripts to be able to return string(s)?  I found Feature #783 that may cover this functionality but it sounds like it's recommending a unique number to be returned.  It would be nice if 1 or more strings could be returned that could represent at least a description for the alert to be logged if not also an alert name or possibly other variables.  This would be useful if a LUA script is performing multiple functions and wants to alert which function has triggered a hit.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Paul Gofran