[Oisf-devel] Problem identifying direction correctly for app-layer preprocessor

Adrian Falk adrianfalk2 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 21:42:09 UTC 2015

Found and fixed problem (for my app layer module) as follows when
ProbingParser sees toclient packet as first packet:

In AppLayerParserRegisterParserAcceptableDirection() call from my app layer
module, make third parameter equal to (STREAM_TOCLIENT | STREAM_TOSERVER),
earlier I had it as only (STREAM_TOSERVER) and it couldn't deal with seeing
a toclient packet as first packet.

Modbus developers may want to make a similar change to deal with an
unsolicited packet from client as first packet seen by Suricata.

Thanks.