[Oisf-devel] TCP Reassembly

Teryl Taylor teryl.taylor at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 22:46:41 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a stable and fairly reliable TCP reassembler.  I've been
playing around with libnids, libtins, and libntoh and all work well, but
they don't seem to work on some of the pcaps I'm testing on, whereas
wireshark does.   I was curious if suricata's tcp reassembly is modular
enough to use on it's own and, if so,  is there any example code or test
code, that would be good to look at to get a feel for how I could integrate
it? Would the reassembly engine be a good option? Or does anyone have an
alternative suggestion?

Best,

Teryl