[Oisf-devel] Suricata User Guide moved to Sphinx

Victor Julien victor at inliniac.net
Thu Sep 29 08:52:07 UTC 2016

Thanks to the efforts of Jason Ish and Andreas Herz the Suricata User
Guide is now converted to Sphinx. This leads to nice things like:

* http://suricata.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
* versioned documentation
* pdf https://media.readthedocs.org/pdf/suricata/latest/suricata.pdf

It's currently mostly a port of the old redmine wiki and we've started
with a refresh of the content. Please consider helping out!

The docs are now hosted inside the Suricata git repository. To
contribute you'll now have to go through github.

One important aspect of this is that for code changes that
add/remove/modify functionality in Suricata, I'm going to require
relevant updates to the user guide in the same pull request. This way
the code and docs should stay much more in sync.