[Oisf-devel] Compile suricata statically

Jason Ish lists at ish.cx
Wed Jun 28 13:29:44 UTC 2017

On 27/06/17 11:05 AM, Victor Julien wrote:
> On 27-06-17 13:43, Breno Silva wrote:
>> I just tried to play with C|LD|FLAGS (defining -static) and using .a
>> version of the libraries (pcre, yaml, etc).
>> However suricata binary is always dynamic. There is no error.
>>
>> Anything you think i should try ?
>
> I don't know. Never tried it :)
>
> Anyone else have an idea?

I haven't tried with Suricata yet myself, but I used to build another
app statically, and I found I had to remove the shared libraries so they
wouldn't be found at all - a container helped here. Or copy the .a's
into a directory and make sure that dir is on the library path before
any standard location. But I find it far from trivial on modern Linux.

Jason