[Oisf-devel] OpenBSD pledge(2) and unveil(2)

Tamara B. Elizondo mujqqj2demnsxs at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 21:33:32 UTC 2018

Hello,
I am looking for more information on Suricata's usage of isolation features of different operating systems, my current idea is to use OpenBSD so I am asking if Suricata uses pledge or unveil, but I am interested for resources or simply, a list of isolation features used by Suricata; in the case of Suricata not proceeding like so, what are your recommendations for isolation made by a system administrator? I am not talking about hardware VMs, that's the ultimate but resource intensive solution, more like either containers or other operating system tuning.

Thanks for the great project;
Patiently awaiting your advice.