[Oisf-devel] Redmine login problems

Gabriel L. Somlo gsomlo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 13:45:40 UTC 2018

Hi,

I'm trying to use Suricata's base64 "file_data" inspection feature,
and I'm running into what seems to be a known bug:

https://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/issues/2395

I tried building the very latest git master from github late last week
(commit 0b5a2ab4), and the failure to match on smtp base64 "file_data"
is still a problem.

I tried registering for a redmine account to add myself to the cc list
for that bug, and offer to update it with my rule and pcap file
demonstrating the bug.

Problem is, I never get any of the activation emails redmine claims to
have sent to my (correctly displayed) email address.

While there's a very small chance gmail is throwing away redmine's
emails for me, I'm more inclined to suspect there might be something
going on with redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org itself. Any clue as to
what might be going on much appreciated!

Thanks,
--Gabriel