[Oisf-devel] Suricata 5.0.0dev has started

Victor Julien lists at inliniac.net
Thu Apr 11 08:38:14 UTC 2019

Hi Ruslan,

On 11-04-19 05:11, Ruslan Usmanov wrote:
> Branches  split  after  4.1.2  release.  What  are plans - do you have
> estimation  of  master-4.1.x  EOL, and how different first 5.0 release
> will be from 4.1.3 ?

5.0 will be a major release, so it will have large changes.

See https://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/roadmap
for already completed tickets and tickets we still hope to address.

An EOL for 4.1.x hasn't been set yet, but here is how we generally
handle it:

https://suricata-ids.org/about/eol-policy/

Cheers,
Victor