[Oisf-devel] LUA Streaming API

Martin Dubuc martind1111 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 19:27:19 UTC 2020

I did a lot of experiments with LUA after I sent my last message to the
list and I realized that the streaming was strictly for output purposes.
Unfortunately, I was trying to use it in detection scripts. This is why the
system would report errors with various statements like needs["type"] =
"streaming" in the init function. Once I figured this out, I was able to
get the streaming API to work, following the code samples in the doc.

Also, there is no issue with tls detection either. The statement reported
an error because once again, I was doing these instructions in a LUA output
script.

Sorry for the inconvenient.

Martin