[Oisf-users] Interoprability of Suricata with commercial firewalls

Matt Jonkman jonkman at jonkmans.com
Tue Feb 2 14:21:30 UTC 2010

I'd like to reinforce that we're definitely considering that, and ideas
are very welcome.

At the very minimum we'll work to make suricata snortsam compatible. But
it's very possible that we'll move some of that snortsam functionality
into the suricata engine itself under the IP Reputation umbrella.

Do you see more detailed or more expansive functionality that snortsam
of interest, or do you have more ideas there?

Matt

On 2/2/10 5:04 AM, carlopmart wrote:
> Victor Julien wrote:
>> carlopmart wrote:

>>> Yes, correct like snortsam does or similar ...
>>
>> Ideas do exist to do something similar to Snortsam, but those haven't
>> left the ideas stage yet. We have quite a bit of work to do on the
>> engine itself first.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Victor
>>

> Thanks, victor.