[Oisf-users] Suri-GUI

Anas.B a.bouhsaina at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 12:13:50 UTC 2010

 Hello,
Back :)

Compiling Barnyard, I had this Error :

--== Initializing Barnyard2 ==--
Initializing Input Plugins!
Initializing Output Plugins!
Parsing config file "/etc/suricata/barnyard2.conf"
ERROR: Unable to open Reference file '/etc/suricata/reference.config' (No
such file or directory)
ERROR: Unable to open Generator file "/etc/snort/gen-msg.map": No such file
or directory
ERROR: Unable to open SID file '/etc/snort/sid-msg.map' (No such file or
directory)
Log directory = /var/log/barnyard2
database: 'mysql' support is not compiled into this build of snort

ERROR: If this build of snort was obtained as a binary distribution (e.g.,
rpm,
or Windows), then check for alternate builds that contains the necessary
'mysql' support.

If this build of snort was compiled by you, then re-run the
the ./configure script using the '--with-mysql' switch.
For non-standard installations of a database, the '--with-mysql=DIR'
syntax may need to be used to specify the base directory of the DB install.

See the database documentation for cursory details (doc/README.database).
and the URL to the most recent database plugin documentation.
Fatal Error, Quitting..

Remind that in barnyard.conf we have :
# set the appropriate paths to the file(s) your Snort process is using.
#
*config reference_file:        /etc/suricata/reference.config*
config classification_file: /etc/suricata/classification.config
*config gen_file:            /etc/snort/gen-msg.map
config sid_file:            /etc/snort/sid-msg.map*

We don't have these files in suricata ! so how should i react !!!??

best regards!
A..