[Oisf-users] Pass and Drop

Martin Spinassi martins.listz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 14:34:12 UTC 2010

Will,

Thanks for your help.

The scenario is what you described. A DMZ with suricata in the middle.
A web server acceded from the internet and from local users.

I don't want to split it, as local user will match "HOME_NET"
parameter. What I want is to allow users to access the webserver, but
also check if there is a exploitation attempt. For example, I want to
let the employee to access the site, but not to exploit a possible SQL
injection on the service. I'm afraid that, if I put a "pass" rule to
let him use the web site, suricata won't check if he is trying to
exploit it.

Hope to be clearer now.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,