[Oisf-users] PF_RING, packets and IPS

Will Metcalf william.metcalf at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 15:58:21 UTC 2010

I'm still not sure I understand. PF_RING is completely passive it has
no interaction with iptables.  Are you looking for functionality
similar to snortsam http://www.snortsam.net/?  Or perhaps you mean to
use suricata inline in conjuction with iptables/NFQUEUE? This will
allow you to create drop rules and thus deny traffic that matches
certain characteristics.

Regards,

Will