[Oisf-users] Error when running suricata with --user & --group

Sylvain Chillaud sylvain.chillaud at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 07:50:49 UTC 2010

Hi Rmkml,

libcap-ng I have configured and compiled. I had downloaded it not that long
ago, at the same time I downloaded suricata 1.0.2, so they should be working
together.
libcap-dev I have installed via aptitude, so it must be the the last
version.
I reconfigured & recompiled suricata with
*--with-libpcap-libraries=/usr/local/lib/
--with-libpcap-includes=/usr/local/lib/* cause I had not before, but the
problem remains.
And the user suricata exists in /etc/passwd, it has been created with a
copy/paste of the command found on the link of my first msg.

Thanks,

Sylvain