[Oisf-users] A question about using suricata as an IPS

carlopmart carlopmart at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 14:43:04 UTC 2011

Hi all,

  I have configured a suricata sensor as an IPS. To do this I have setup
a bridge (ipsif0) and i have setup this iptables rule:

  iptables -A FORWARD -j NFQUEUE --queue-num 0

  and I have startup suricata with this options:

  "/usr/local/bin/suricata -c
/data/config/etc/suricata-inet/suricata.yaml -D --pidfile
/var/run/suricata-inet.pid -q 0"

  But, How do suricata sensor know on which interface needs to monitor?
Or do I need to adjust this on the iptables rule??

  Thanks.
--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com