[Oisf-users] Error: Decode1[31747]: segfault at 7fc3fe85cc6f ip 00000000004f0de9 sp 00007fc2fe85c230 error 4 in suricata[400000+12f000]

Pablo pablo.rincon.crespo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 10:26:20 UTC 2011

2011/8/2 Peter Manev <petermanev at gmail.com>:

> On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 11:01 PM, Fernando Ortiz <fernando.ortiz.f at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> The problem is not at startup, It runned find for about 30 seconds until
>> it crashed with that error. I can't reproduce the error with the same
>> conditions of traffic right now because I was testing the IPS in production
>> environment which I can only work with pass midnight (still a good througput
>> to test ~200Mbps)
>> I will try reproducing the error with stress tools in the meantime. Thanks
>> in advance
>>
>> 2011/8/1 Peter Manev <petermanev at gmail.com>

>>> I just made my config to exactly look like your changes - but Suri starts
>>> fine, no problem.
>>> 1.1beta2 (rev b3f7e6a)
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>>> --
>>> Peter Manev
>>

>> --
>> Fernando Ortiz
>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/FernandOrtizF

> I just run it for the whole night - it didn't crash.
> hmmm ...
>

> --
> Peter Manev

Hi Peter,
as of the output of the segfault, Fernando's box is 64bit arch. What
arch are you using? Also, consider that your traffic type and
throughtput will not be the same as Fernando's, so it can be normal
that it doesn't crash in your environment. I think we should wait to
see if Fernando can reproduce it and throw some light to the
conditions that trigger it.

--

Best regards,

--