[Oisf-users] Suricata runs out of memory on startup

Dave Remien dave.remien at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 01:52:13 UTC 2011

Not particularly. Probably installable from the package manager in your
Linux distro.

A starting point would be to run the leak-checker:

  valgrind --leak-check=yes suricata [suri args]...

It'll probably fail outright, since it causes extra memory to be alloc'd,
and that's already your problem 8-/. You might be able to set down some of
the things in the sur.yaml file that chew up memory, and leave some of the
rules out; that way you might be able to see what's hogging memory.

Things can get more exotic fairly quickly from here...

Cheers,

Dave