[Oisf-users] Clarification on dropped packet counters

Fernando Ortiz fernando.ortiz.f at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 20:31:40 UTC 2011

Thank you both for the answers. There is an option in suricata.yaml
"checksum_validation: yes #Validate packet checksum, reject packets with
invalid checksums."

Are Wrong checksums packets dropped and registered by
(ReceivePcapThreadExitStats)or (ReceiveNFQThreadExitStats)?
I guess no, because if that's the case, they shouldn't pass through Suricata
and that option wouldn't make sense.

Excuse me please if I am going around circles with this question, I am very
confused with what dropped packets are exactly registered when Suricata
stops, and these are my indicatives to measure how reliable is Suricata in
my network.

Regards,

Fernando

--