[Oisf-users] Packets stucked in Nfqueue when running inline

Eric Leblond eric at regit.org
Wed Aug 17 17:32:14 UTC 2011

Hello again,

On Wed, 2011-08-17 at 16:53 +0200, Eric Leblond wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> On Wed, 2011-08-17 at 16:28 +0200, Eric Leblond wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > On Tue, 2011-08-16 at 14:30 -0500, Fernando Ortiz wrote:
> > > Sorry the late of the answer. I got a server to make more test in
> > > production again.
> >
> > No problem, I was on holiday :P
> >
> > > I patched Suricata. I still have the same problem with packets stucked
> >
> > Bad news.
> >
> > If you have some time, could you test the attached patch.
>
> This is not necessary to test this patch: I've continued to study the
> problem. There is an issue with the code pointed out by the patch but
> this can not explain the problem.

Two patches will follow this mail. The fist one improves the error
handling in NFQ and suppress one of the potential source of ghost
packets. The second one is more generic but it should fix one other
potential source.

Both patches display explicit message in log level warning. If something
occurs, you will not missed it.

BR,
--
Eric Leblond