[Oisf-users] binary packages

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Dec 26 21:34:09 UTC 2011

Hi folks

I am looking at what is involved in moving my sensor network form snort to suri and we will possibly change/upgrade the OS too.  We use puppet to manage the boxes (and all the rule sets etc.)

As Puppet assumes all your software is packaged I was wondering if anyone already is maintaining rpm or apt packages for suri?

I am assuming that all my stuff for managing the rulesets will not be affected by the change.  (Well -- apart from having to replace snort.conf ;)
And that the same goes for using BY2 to push the unified2 data where it needs to go.

Russell