[Oisf-users] Tests to differentiate Suricata and Snort

Gene Albin gene.albin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 22:23:34 UTC 2011

  Hi everyone.  I'm looking to run some tests that will differentiate
Suricata from Snort.  Other than measuring the system performance between
the two applications while using the same ruleset I'm at a bit of a loss.
 At the end of the day I'd like to be able to say that Suricata can do ABC
where Snort does DEF and here are my test results to illustrate the
differences.

  Any suggestions on switches to use or testable features that distinguish
Suricata from Snort (other than the multi-core capability of Suricata)?  Any
suggestions are appreciated.

--
Gene Albin
gene.albin at gmail.com