[Oisf-users] Fast replay of pcap files

Gene Albin gene.albin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 17:00:03 UTC 2011

Victor,
  Added the --runmode=autofp switch and while the CPU cycles across all four
cores did increase to a range between 8 and 25 the overall time to complete
the pcap run was only marginally better at around 3:40.

  I'm looking over the disk stats to try and determine if I'm I/O limited.
 I'm getting average rates of 28MB/sec read and about 250 I/O reads/sec.
 (minimal writes/sec)  I'll check with the sysadmin guys to see if this is
high for this box, but I don't think it is.

  Other than that I'm not sure where the bottleneck could be.

 As a side note I did try uncommenting the "#runmode: auto" line in the
suricata.yaml file yesterday and found it made no apparent difference.

Thanks,
Gene

Gene Albin
gene.albin at gmail.com