[Oisf-users] Question about drop.log

Fernando Ortiz fernando.ortiz.f at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 22:19:04 UTC 2011

Hello, please help me with something. What exactly is logged in drop.log?
Refering to documentation:
*
*
*11 Drop.log, a line based information for dropped packets*
If Suricata works in IPS mode, it can drop packets based on rules. Packets
that are being dropped are saved in the drop.log file, a Netfilter log
format.

It says that only packets dropped because of a DROP action in a rule are
logged. But I have no drop actions in any rules and still get dropped
packets. So, where exactly this information is taken? Thanks in advance