[Oisf-users] Difficulty finding compatible PF_RING revision/version

hachirota at gmail.com hachirota at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 15:34:26 UTC 2011

Hello all,

I'm having a real hard time finding a revision/version of PF_RING that is
compatible with the current suricata git head. I'm hoping someone can
tell me which specific PF_RING version (or SVN revno) is compatible,
in their experience.

Here's what I've tried:

Suricata latest + PF_RING svn r4649, (latest revision)
Results in suricata configure error:

checking for pfring_set_cluster in -lpfring... no
ERROR! --enable-pfring was passed but the library was not found or
version is >4, go get it from http://www.ntop.org/PF_RING.html

Suricata latest + PF_RING svn r3982 (version "4.1")
Results in pf_ring dkms build error (on Debian 5.0)

Suricata latest + PF_RING svn r4323 (version "4.4")
Results in suricata make errors building detect.o:
http://pastebin.com/psfPNnR7

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
David

Tuesday, June 07, 2011, 11:31:12 AM Eastern Standard Time