[Oisf-users] best method to monitor two NIC's on same box

Victor Julien victor at inliniac.net
Sat Jun 25 08:37:33 UTC 2011

Please keep in mind that Suricata makes no effort to de-duplicate
traffic. So if both interfaces (partly) see the same traffic you may be
inspecting things twice. Also how this affects ip defrag and stream
reassembly is untested.

For more info on the feature see my blog post on it:
http://www.inliniac.net/blog/2010/12/24/listening-on-multiple-interfaces-with-suricata.html

Cheers,
Victor