[Oisf-users] Smooth-Sec is out, the beauty of Snorby and the power of Suricata. The ready to-go IDS/IPS linux distribution.

phillip at bailey.st phillip at bailey.st
Thu Mar 10 15:23:30 UTC 2011

Today I'm pleased to announce the release of Smooth-Sec, the ready to go
IDS/IPS linux distribution.

Smooth-Sec is a ready to-go  IDS/IPS (Intrusion Detection/Prevention
System) linux distribution based on the multi threaded Suricata IDS/IPS
engine and Snorby, the top notch web application for network security
monitoring. Smooth-Sec is built on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS using the TurnKey
Core base as development platform. Functionality is the key point that
allow to deploy a complete  IDS/IPS System up and running out of the box
within a few minutes, even for security beginners with minimal Linux
experience.

This project is not intended in any way to compete with Snorby and his
team. Is my wish to maintain the cooperation that we had in the past
months with the  the exciting work on SnorbySPA. It is also my wish
to cooperate with the Suricata team in the next developments.

website http://bailey.st/blog/smooth-sec/

Regards,

Phillip

--