[Oisf-users] Question about using suricata 1.1rc1 with nfq

carlopmart carlopmart at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 10:18:12 UTC 2011

Hi all,

  Recently, I have installed a suricata sensor to do some tests for
monitoring only web traffic. This suricata is installed using NFQ module
(with several bridges and NFQUEUEs defined) on Ubuntu 10.04.3 host. But
I don't understand some options in the new suricata configuration.

  My idea is to integrate suricata with sguil. To do this, I have
enabled the following options on suricata.yaml:

   - pcap-log:
      enabled: yes
      filename: suricata.log
      limit: 1000
      max_files: 100
      mode: sguil
      dir: /nsm/sguil_sensor/suricata/dailylogs
      use_stream_depth: no

  But I see new option in configuration file:

  pcap:
   - interface: eth1

  What does it means this option?? Is not possible to record all traffic
that suricata sees over multiple NFQUEUEs?? Is it possible to define
multiple interfaces in this option??

Thanks.

--
CL Martinez