[Oisf-users] How many of you use "filestore" ?

Marcos Rodriguez marcos.e.rodriguez at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 15:50:24 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 10:24 AM, Victor Julien <victor at inliniac.net> wrote:

> On 04/12/2012 01:25 PM, Travel Factory S.r.l. wrote:
> > - used IE. When waiting for a long time before confirming the file
> > name, I get truncated files, actually about 160kb. If I confirm
> > quickly I get all the file.
>
> Does this problem go away if you increase your timeouts again?

Hi Guys,

I know I'm a day late and a dollar short here.  I wanted to chime in on my
experiences with file extraction so far.

I used to have this problem as well.  First, I increased my timeouts per
Victor's suggestion.  Using the latest git version, Suricata's able to
reliably extract files for analysis.  I also had to do some dag tuning, but
it looks like I'm good to go now.

Once I applied the patch provided by Jason Ish, I've had no issues related
to the DAG cards anymore.