[Oisf-users] "Professional" capture card

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Fri Apr 27 17:02:10 UTC 2012

On Apr 27, 2012, at 11:40 AM, eileen donlon wrote:

> For Myricom cards that support the myri-snf driver, the Myricom Sniffer 10G software provides a libpcap wrapper to their native snf API, so no code changes are needed for libpcap applications (http://www.myricom.com/scs/SNF/doc/).

Keep in mind that if you go this route, you have to pay extra for the sniffer drivers and you suddenly introduce license key restricted drivers into your kernel.  We ran into trouble once where a driver license expired and the NIC had all kinds of trouble.

  .Seth

--
Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network