[Oisf-users] interface won't enter promiscuous mode when run suricata with --pfring

Delta Yeh delta.yeh at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 07:24:48 UTC 2012

If I change the macro  in source-pfring.c
#define LIBPFRING_REENTRANT   0

#define LIBPFRING_REENTRANT   1

it works.

Why I do this is because I notice that with new pfring_open, flags
 PF_RING_REENTRANT | PF_RING_LONG_HEADER | PF_RING_PROMISC
is set, but with old pfring_open, the   LIBPFRING_REENTRANT is 0.

So my question now is why LIBPFRING_REENTRANT affect promiscuous  mode?