[Oisf-users] [Emerging-Sigs] Join the Suricata Brainstorming Session

Matthew Jonkman jonkman at emergingthreatspro.com
Wed Feb 8 10:05:30 UTC 2012

An update:

For those who weren't there: We had some major bandwidth and room size issues. We filled up two Google+ hangouts in seconds (the 10 or so attendee limit is apparently back in place unfortunately), and once we moved to Webex we had local bandwidth issues.

We did get some great conversations through, but the frequent drops were a barrier. We had over 50 folks that were able to get in and hear parts, I think we would have had many more if we hadn't had the technical issues.

I'll get notes and a summary out for what we were able to cover, and we will get a date rescheduled in the next couple of weeks to have the brainstorming session again. We've resolved to focus on more remote attendance meetings on a regular basis and not have those at the same time as our onsite sessions at conferences. The technical issues of relying on hotel or remote bandwidth have been too much a frustration.

That allows us though to start having more regular brainstorming sessions not dependent on travel and conferences. We're thinking about having a regular talk around each release (approximately every 2 months at this point). that would allow the dev guys to discuss and explain what's new in the release, what's left, and then we can dive into what we want them to get into next!

Ideas welcome, more info soon!

Matt