[Oisf-users] suricata inline mode in windows.

torna wida tornawida at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 18:59:58 UTC 2012

Hello,
ı am trying to build suricata in inline mode for windows. I tried to
build in cygwin step by step as explained in
SuricataWinInstallationGuide_v1.2.pdf with --enable-nfqueue.  I am
sure that i successfully installed and compiled
netfilterforwin(libnetfilter_queue). But it is giving me error :

checking libnfnetlink/libnfnetlink.h usability... no
checking libnfnetlink/libnfnetlink.h presence... no
checking for libnfnetlink/libnfnetlink.h... no
configure: error: libnfnetlink.h not found ...

Then, i tried to build in mingw, I did everything as expained
https://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/wiki/Windows

i downloaded the newest packages that required for build. and I
compiled the netfilterforwin (libnetfilter_queue).I downloaded the
1.1.3 version of libnet binaries for mingw. but when I try ./configure
--enable-nfqueue it is giving me this error :

checking for libnetfilter_queue/libnetfilter_queue.h... yes
checking for nfq_open in -lnetfilter_queue... yes

checking for libnet.h version 1.1.x... yes
checking for libnet_write in -lnet... no
Warning! libnet version 1.1.x could not be found in  /usr/include
/usr/local/include /usr/local/include/libnet11 /opt/local/include
   Reject keywords will not be supported.
   If you require reject support plese install libnet 1.1.x.
   If libnet is not installed in a non-standard location please use the
   --with-libnet-includes and --with-libnet-libraries configure options

I tried to build libnet 1.1.3 and libnet-dev 1.1.5 but I had error
that ntddndis.h not found. I have this file in /mingw/inlude/ddk

So, I could not compile suricata with --enable-nfqueue and can not use
it in inline mode.

Can anybody explain me what to do, please.

thanks.