[Oisf-users] Suricata with PF_RING on latest git

Eric Leblond eric at regit.org
Wed Jul 4 20:41:26 UTC 2012

Hello,

Le mercredi 04 juillet 2012 à 21:35 +0200, Edward Fjellskål a écrit :
> On 06/19/2012 03:55 PM, Peter Bates wrote:
> >
> > Hello again all
> >
> > I'm mostly trying to follow:
> > https://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/wiki/Installation_from_GIT_with_PF_RING_on_Ubuntu_server_1104

> just tried:
> https://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/wiki/Installation_from_GIT_with_PF_RING_on_Ubuntu_server_1204
>
> on a new installed host.
>
> Same issues as Peter :(

From what I read in the documentation, there is a call to ldconfig. This
is only useful if the /usr/local/pfring directory has been added to the
ld path.
You can do so by creating a /etc/ld.so.conf.d/pfring.conf containing
/usr/local/pfring/

Also running:
./configure --enable-pfring --with-libpcap-includes=/usr/local/pfring/include --with-libpcap-libraries=/usr/local/pfring/lib
before running make on suricata could help.

I'm blind here (no ubuntu to test) but it may help.

BR,
--
Eric Leblond
Blog: http://home.regit.org/ - Portfolio: http://regit.500px.com/