[Oisf-users] suricata 1.3 installation observations

corenor corenor at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 13:54:45 UTC 2012

My build craps out here:

source-af-packet.c:76:23: error: pcap/pcap.h: No such file or directory
source-af-packet.c:77:22: error: pcap/bpf.h: No such file or directory
source-af-packet.c: In function ‘AFPSetBPFFilter’:
source-af-packet.c:903: error: storage size of ‘filter’ isn’t known
source-af-packet.c:915: warning: implicit declaration of function
‘pcap_compile_nopcap’
source-af-packet.c:903: warning: unused variable ‘filter’
make[3]: *** [source-af-packet.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/data/infosec/suricata-1.3/src'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/data/infosec/suricata-1.3/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/infosec/suricata-1.3'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I was able to compile 1.2.1 with no major issues.  The OS is Fedora 9.
 Perhaps time to upgrade.