[Oisf-users] RPM packages available and How to available on our wiki for Suricata

Peter Manev petermanev at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 13:12:43 UTC 2012

Hi all,

We have updated the "Build your own Suricata package - deb, rpm" link on
wiki -
we have also added a section of how to build your own RPM package - very
quick and very easy !!! with the "fpm" package manager.

You can build your own custom configured and made RPM pkg - as you like.
Build your own Suricata package - deb,
rpm<https://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/wiki/Build_your_own_Suricata_package_-_deb_rpm>

Also:
Available here you would find the first release of our ready to use RPM
packages:
suricata-1.3Beta1_32.rpm<https://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/attachments/download/761/suricata-1.3Beta1_32.rpm>
06/03/2012
06:46 am 6 MB 0 415cabc11588c3a4019c9af1ef1032a6
 suricata-1.3Beta1_64.rpm<https://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/attachments/download/762/suricata-1.3Beta1_64.rpm>
06/03/2012
07:47 am 6.2 MB 0 e510c199e2e487f2e665427180c919e4
32/64 bit RPM packages tested on Fedora 16/17 - 32/64 bit.
https://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/files

Thanks to Doug Burks for suggesting  the fpm package manager (as a fast
alternative) and thanks to Jordan Sissel for actually making the fpm
manager!

Feedback/Suggestions/Criticism are always welcome

Thank you

Peter Manev